Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Memorial Day Weekend

We sure had a busy weekend! We spent it up north with parents/grandparents. Jared was able to do some fishing with his dad on Saturday. Even I was able to do a little fishing with the two of them on Sunday. It was nice to get away for a little bit while Grandma B watched the kiddos. It was so peaceful on the lake--absolutely beautiful! The kids and I spent a lot of time with my parents as well. We visited the cemetery where my grandpa and grandma Waite are buried, and on Monday Macy was able to lay poppies on my grandpa Nerem's grave during the Memorial Day service. What made if even more special was that my dad was the one who was able to walk her to the grave of his father and my grandma Nerem was there to see her do it. All in all it was a great weekend. Every time we go back "home," I always ask myself why we don't do this more often. Could it be because I still haven't learned how to pack "lightly?"




Macy's hair when it's humid out. I just love her curls!


What Greyson does most of the time he spends on the floor. Nope, doesn't crawl yet. Just slides himself on his belly to get where he wants to go.







1 comment:

  1. What a precious moment you caught with your Dad and Macy at the cemetery. Her Great Grandmother must have been very proud.

    ReplyDelete